Wednesday, August 20, 2008

IFESH Training Days 1-5

For the past five days I have been in sunny Arizona at my IFESH training. IFESH stands for the International Foundation for Education and Self-Help. This is the program that is sending me to Ghana. The founder is the late Rev. Leon H. Sullivan

To find out more about this amazing man please visit:
http://www.ifesh.org/content.php?info_id=138

who was a social change agent that worked against discrimination in America, apartheid in South Africa, and many other issues to better communities around the world. IFESH came out of his many trips to Sub Saharan Africa where he saw a need to for help in developing countries education systems.

The training has been really interesting. So far we have talked about our countries, learned how to track out progress, and discussed lesson planing ideas for topics of environmental, health issues, gender equity, and HIV/ AIDS awareness. Tomorrow we are going to learn more about Malaria which I am very passionate about due to the fact that one of my former teachers and mentors died from it.

The hotel we are staying in is very nice. I have included pictures from my balcony. There is also a comfy bed, warm pool, and great breakfast. I will write more when I find more time.
Golf Course in Phoenix


No comments: