Monday, August 25, 2008

IFESH Training Days 6-8

The last days of training for the trip to Africa were very interesting. We had sessions on HIV/AIDS awareness, gender equity, best teaching practices, cultural sensitivity, and diseases spread in tropical areas. I learned so many great techniques and met so many amazing people. After a long day of training sessions I went out to downtown Tempe with a few people from the program. This picture is of my new friends- From left to right- Jessie (my roommate during training), Sonya (going to Guinea), Jennifer (going to Malawi), and Rose (going to Cote D'ivoire).

Pizza in Phoenix

We had a great time. Then on Friday night we had a banquet. It was very nice to have speakers motive us and thank use for "taking a year out of our lives", but I don't think I am taking a year off, I think I am finally doing something extremely worthwhile. The following are pictures from our banquet.
Final dinner in Phoenix

Rose and I at IFESH dinner

I had a great trip to Arizona and I am really excited about my adventure. I signed my contract on Friday- so it official- I AM GOING TO GHANA!!! If you would like to visit- just email me. So far I have one visitor on my list- Kim McGee. I love the travel agent for IFESH- so if you want to come check out his site- www.tzell.com

I will write more when there is more to tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alison, I have been teaching in Asia for the past several years and have been fortunate enough to come across the organization you have just joined. With the intent of being a part of IFESH in the not too distant future, I look forward to reading your blog entries and learning of your experiences in Africa. Good luck in your teaching and traveling endeavors. -Mike

Anonymous said...

Alison, I am soooo excited for you! Your adventure sounds amazing! I added you to my favorites hehehee so I can follow you! Be safe and i wish you the best of luck!! I know you will do so well.