Saturday, June 6, 2009

Weekends in Accra--May 15 & May 22

My bestest buddy in Accra- Vossie- had his birthday celebration on Saturday May 16th. Besty and I came down to start celebrating on May 15 and finished celebrating two weeks later. Saturday night Lori, a friend I have made that is orginally from North Carolina, and I decorated our favorite Accra hangout- Duplex. It was a night of dancing, visiting, and singing. Yes, Vossie loves when I TRY to sing "Ms. Jackson" by OutKast---so since it was his birthday I did my best job. The turn out was great and I think Vossie had a great birthday.


Sunday, Lori and I went to a beautiful pool in Accra at a hotel called La Palm. I believe it is the same hotel that Obama will stay in when he arrives in July. It was huge and over crowded because most of Accra was without power and the best way to cool down is to hit the pool. They had a huge jungle gym and a swim up bar. After the pool Lori and I met up with a peace corp friend of hers (Lori did peace corp in Togo) and a group of exchange students from University of Ghana. It was strange to meet about 10 Americans at one table. Also- one of the Americans I met was Haley Joel Osmont from the Sixth Sense (the "I see dead people" boy). He is grown up now and was very friendly. He told me that he has family in Norcross, GA. After that Lori and I stayed up by candle night talking like middle school freinds. It was a great day.


Monday, Betsy and I packed up and headed back to Agogo, but we returned the following Friday for Memorial Day weekend.


Memorial Day weekend was: watch TV, work on IFESH report, watch more TV, visit with my favorite Irish man Jimmy (who was leaving), watch more TV, sing karaoke, and watch more TV. Good times were had. And pictures will come later.

No comments: