Friday, September 12, 2008

Schoolbox Interview and Donation

Photobucket

Schoolbox has been my employer over the summer and I had worked there for two years back in 2005 or so. Schoolbox is a teacher supply store that has tons of great resources for teachers, parents, and anyone that likes to learn/ or teach. Checkout there website www.schoolbox.com. When I started back to the Schoolbox in June of this year I talked to Aimee, one of the corporate office marketing superstars, and told her about my plans to teach in Ghana. She asked me how I was getting my teaching supplies over to Ghana, and I told her that I didn't know because I wasn't sure IFESH would be reimbursing me for shipping fees. The next week Aimee called me into the office and told me AMAZING news- Schoolbox wanted to ship my supplies to Ghana for me! I was floored. This solved one of the biggest problems I had faced in this move. The only catch was they wanted to interview me and have me dialogue with Schoolbox shoppers about my experience. Little did they know -I love talking to strangers about my adventures! So I signed up for the chance to share my adventure with the Schoolbox world.

On Tuesday, August 26th, I meet with Phillip from Schoolbox to do an interview. I talked about the IFESH program, what I would be doing, how long I would be there, what goals I had for myself, how I felt and what I would miss about being so far from home, and what three things I would love to have in a care package. I did a pretty good job on the quiz- but since the interview I have thought more about the top three things I would like a care package of. So here it is:

TOP THREE THINGS I WOULD LOVE A CARE PACKAGE OF:
1. Veganaise (vegan mayo- mayo with no dairy(I don't eat meat, or dairy, or buy animal product/by products)
2. Homemade Vegan meal (Jill's Pesto, Jen's Lasagna, Chris's Thai Tofu, and Sean's soup are my favorites)
3. The Office TV show this season or other good movies I will know nothing about.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Alison! I called the Vegenaise people, and found out that it is safe to travel at fridge temps for about three days. So that's no good for shipping, but you can probably work something out by taking it on the plane in an insulated cooler with ice packs.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

i just watched the schoolbox video. you did a great job. you are so famous now that you are on the internets!