Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Asasse Pa- A Vegan’s Heaven



So when I learned that I was going to travel to Ghana I was excited because I was told that Soul Vegetarian, my all time favorite place to eat, had a restaurant in Ghana. I had heard that it was in Cape Coast, but had not been yet. I asked our cab driver/ my new best friend, Brother, if he knew of a fantastic vegetarian restaurant. He took us to Asasse Pa. Asasse Pa in Twi for “the good earth”. This restaurant was the most beautiful and yummy place I had been to in Ghana. Not only did it have fantastic vegan food:

Fried Tofu salad

Potato Salad

Tofu Kebabs and Best Fried Rice I have ever eaten with a fresh green salad

And Tasty, Tasty, Tasty veggie pie!


But it is also a health resort. They have nutrition consultations, vegan cooking classes, lifestyle counseling, iridology, colon hydrotherapy, massages, reflexology, aqua chi, exercise sessions, and an Internet café. Oh, did I mention it is on the beach? While eating we watched the waves roll up on the shore.

It was fantastic. Every vegan must make this trek while in Ghana.

I heart Asasse Pa!


Side Note:

Also as a Ode to my love of the Flight of the Conchords (the best band/comedy duo) I had us all take pictures with our Kebabs because of the song, “The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)”.
With the lyrics:
“Let’s get in a cab I’ll buy you a Kebab
I can’t believe that I am sharing a kebab
with the most beautiful girl I have ever seen
…with a Kebab”

Ellen, the most beautiful girl eating a kebab.

Tracy, the most beautiful girl holding a kebab.

Me, the most hungry girl holding a kebab.

I heart Flight of the Conchords

No comments: