Saturday, March 14, 2009

Scorpian and Runaway Horse

While walking to the TRC the other morning I saw this in the pathway.

It was dead and very big.

It was an interesting morning.

While walking to the bank on Thursday, March 12, down Agogo High Street (the main street in Agogo) Betsy and I saw a horse running in the lane with traffic. The horse had a lead, but no one leading it. It was galloping quickly toward us as we were walking median in the middle of the two-lane street. All of a sudden we noticed it was heading straight toward us. We stopped and the horse came right to us and then walked across the median toward on coming traffic. As soon as it passed I realized I had my camera and snapped the picture seen below. Both Betsy and I wondered if we should have tried to stop the horse and tie it somewhere safe, but we just hoped that an adult caught it before the crowd of school children chasing it.

After spending 15 minutes on our trip from the bank to town we came across the horse tied to a tree in the shade next to a tro-tro station. Betsy took a picture of me with it.

As soon as we snapped the picture a gentleman came up and wondered why were taking pictures of his horse. I said “Because I love horses”. So later, further in town, he finds me again and asks me to take his picture…not with the horse- just a picture of him. So I did.

It was an interesting day in town.

3 comments:

grs37 said...

i do not put you on a pedestal (sp). you REALLY DO amaze me. <3 yay this entry was SO EXCITING. it could be my favorite yet. i like the man who asked you to take a pic of him. love to see it.

robin said...

i agree with genna... where is the picture of the man??

Ray Waugh said...

Alison - your story of the horse made me smile. When we were living in Singapore 20 years ago, we took holidays every third weekend. One was to Tanah Rata, in the Cameron Highlands of Malaysia, a very tiny village. While walking, I came upon a heifer walking down the road, with a lead hanging from her neck. I took the lead and tied her to a tree, while the locals watched me wide eyed. I felt like a hero. We saw the same heifer the next day, following her owner down the road and trailing her lead. They must of all wondered about the European madman and his meddling ways.

I sent you blog to Grammy, who tells me that you'll soon be home.

Ray