Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas in Janurary




Thanks to the Millers (Betsy’s Family) and the O’Brien/ Kipars (my grade school best friend’s family) Betsy and I had a Christmas party Monday, January 12, night. Betsy and I retrieved our packages in Kumasi Monday morning and took our wrapped goodies home. We decided to have a late Christmas party. We invited our friends, the Canadians, over for boiled peanuts (first time I made them in Ghana- yum), Christmas songs (thanks to Betsy’s brother-in-law’s flash drive), homemade cookies (thanks to Betsy’s mom), and present opening.

As Bring Crosby sang Jingle Bells Betsy and I decorated a corner of our living room with the ornaments, stocking, and garland Cindy, Frieda’s mom, sent. Then Laura came over and helped us unwrap our prizes. Santa was far too good to us with scented candles, bug hotels (not very vegan of me),

decorative napkins and plates, Bath and Bodywork soaps,

anagrammed notepads, insulated tumblers, baby wipes, a novel,

CDs, hand sanitizers,

and much more. It was a fantastic time.

So far this past year I have had Thanksgiving in September and Christmas in January. I love Holidays that keep on going. Below are Laura and Betsy after the festivities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to celebrate the holidays. i miss you dearly, but i'm glad others are helping to take care of you while you are away!