Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Food

So Laura and I have been trying our best to think of new dishes using the ingredients most available to us: black eyed peas, cabbage, carrots, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, hot peppers, curry powder, peanuts, yams, cassava, avocado, and plantains. If you have any recipe ideas I would love them. I had created Mexican flavored beans with veggies, salsa, guacamole, and plantain chips weeks back. Last week Laura made a Thai peanut sauce with stir-fried veggies.

It was delicious. She also blew my mind when she made sweet avocado pudding. It was out of this world yummy.

While in Kumasi this past Monday I hit up the vegetarian restaurant again. Here is the menu.

And the layout of the place.

I took my food to go and ate jollof rice and tofu kebab.

Great food=Happy Alison.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am anxiously awaiting your next blog! I hope you are able to get online today, i feel like if you do maybe it will be because youre in the city maybe watching the inauguration. i know if you were here id be watching it right next to you, the space heater and LOLA, VERY gratious of whatever leftovers youre letting me eat and whatever flavor koolaid youve got in the fridge. youd probably be annoyed that you keep having to explain who so and so is on the screen but wed both be in awe when the speech came on (atleast thats what im hoping for today, in different places).