Thursday, January 22, 2009

Work Work Work

Not much to report this week. Betsy and I have been cleaning in the TRC and library. I am working to finish my schedule of workshops with teachers this semester. I am beginning a pen pal program of sorts (I think we will do our interaction through the web instead of letters in the mail) with a school in Pennsylvania. It is quiet around the campus because the girls are preparing to start taking their exams next week. Since Betsy and I don’t give exams (aren’t we nice) we have been working on planning for our future workshops and classes for this semester. I am also so excited about our TLM contest! We are going to have all of our students create TLMs and have a science fairish display and have awards. I can’t wait!

In other news- my friends Ellen and Tracy will arrive in Accra this coming Tuesday! I can’t wait. I won’t update this blog again before then- so please be patient. I am sure we will have tons of great pictures to show as we travel to Cape Coast, Kumasi, Lake Bosumtwi, and Accra.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALISONS BIRTHDAY! ALISONS BIRTHDAY. i am listening to the lemonheads song "allison" and elvis costello's, too.

Anonymous said...

Alison...

We just got off the 'phone with Grammy (on February 8), talking about you. I printed out all 28 pages of your December and January blog and mailed it to her, and she was thrilled. Anyway, Happy Birthday from the cold Sierra Nevada mountains of California.

Ray

Prof. Davis said...

Hi Allison!

Wow, I commend you! I have read your blog and everything seems so familiar. I have traveled to Ghana 2 times, and going back in April. I have been to many of the places you write about, and have family there. I was there in August 2008 for 3 weeks, and then again for Christmas 2008 and New Years 2009 for 3 weeks. I always cry when I leave, because it is so very peaceful. I plan to return in April 2009, but for 2 weeks, during spring Break (I teach at 3 Universities Online, and 1 community college in Chicago). I travel every chance I get! :)

I do hope to meet you. I have applied to IFESH, as a referral from a friend who taught in Malawi. I hope to teach the teachers in Ghana. I love being there. It is so peaceful. Well, if you can, join my blog knowVsecrets, as it is also on Google. I hope you find it, if not, I will send you the tag, soon.

In the meantime, I will check here, and keep you posted on my application's progress. I hope you can read my profile as well.

Talk soon and God bless you!

Vera
February 2009

Prof. Vera L. Davis, MPA, MATD