Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving in Agogo


Yesterday, Thursday, November 28, I celebrated Thanksgiving in Agogo. I woke up at 5:30am to prepare for church and my 7am class. After class I ate breakfast and headed to town to buy a table. We have been eating meals at our coffee table and that is just getting a bit old. So I found a plastic table for 18 Ghana Cedis. It looked great on out back porch. Then I taught two more classes and had after school open hours where we had around 40 girls working on creating posters for their classrooms. It was a great workday, but very busy. At 4:30pm I headed to the house to start our Ghanaian Thanksgiving feast while Betsy set the table with a fancy tablecloth and candles. Around 5:45pm the Canadians came over to our banquet dressed so nicely I felt like a slob. For our feast we served: Betsy’s Famous trail mix, fried plantains, red red, rice, vegetable samoas (I got in Kumasi), olive oil, tea bread, watermelon, fried bread, and lemon Fanta (my new favorite soda). It was nice to sit outside under the stars and candle light with good food and great friends. The weather felt like a cool summer night and the conversation was just what I needed. It was a great evening and I look forward to many more nights under the stars with my new friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving alison, we miss you, the holidays are simply not the same without our martha stewart party planner.