Friday, November 28, 2008

The Totals

Matriculations attended: 2
Funerals attended: 2
Weddings attended: 0
Text messages from America: 8
Cards received: 11
Bags of fried plantains eaten daily: 2 ½
Bags of groundnuts eaten daily: 1
Sacks of water I drink a day: 4 to 7
Dresses/skirts made by my tailor: 4
Books began: 7
Books completed: 2
Monkeys seen after going to wildlife preserve: 0
Crocodiles seen after going to wildlife preserve: 0
Times I have gotten to use my new rain boots: 3- we are in the dry season now
Marriage proposals: 8
Cliff Bars left: 1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked this post. i like numbers.

Anonymous said...

marriage proposals: 8! that's it, i'm rounding up a group of girls and we're gonna have a mass wedding. that sounds like fun, right? i think you should marry the neighbor that took care of that grasshopper for you. how heroic *swoon*.

ellena said...

Ellen and I will keep this list in mind when we come to visit you!

Anonymous said...

Alison - no crocodiles seen?!??! In the Savannah River, just two miles from Grammy's home, are all kinds of alligators. However, eight proposals of marriage is a bit more than you might get from those wimpy Georgia boys. Spoke to Grammy the other day - she and we rather like each other. She sends her best to you - you make her so proud.

Marcia and Ray (Ceci's grandparents)

alison lamar said...

Thank you so much Marcia and Ray fro keeping up with my grandma. I hope that I do get to see some crocodiles soon.

Anonymous said...

Alison...

We love your Grammy dearly - she is just like family to us. She has been so kind to our daughter and Sam and Ceci as well. If I could kidnap her and bring her here, I would.

You can always email us at ray_waugh@juno.com if you wish.

Marcia and Ray