Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Waterfall in Hwidiem






This weekend Betsy and I stayed in Agogo. It was nice and peaceful since the students on our campus went to their hometowns to vote (this meant no 4:30am jogging/singing fest). On Saturday Betsy worked around the house while I went to Konongo. As I was leaving Konongo a white girl got on the tro-tro to Agogo with me. This was weird because I know what all 5 of the white people in Agogo looked like- and this girl wasn’t one of them.

She then asked if I knew Rabina, my Canadian friend, and I realized that she was Shanti, a friend I had heard them talk about. I ended up talking to her none stop on our ride home and took her to Laura and Rabina’s door step. Later that day Betsy, Rabina, Laura, Shanti, and I took a tro-tro to the town next door, Hwidiem. This is town that lost their Chief this year. We went there to see its waterfall. We went to the Chief’s palace and got a friendly guide who goes to college in Agogo. It was a beautiful trek through tall grass.


Many preteens decided to walk along with us to the falls. The falls weren’t very large since we are now in the dry season, but I thought it was beautiful.

It is worth seeing if you are in the area.

No comments: