Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day at the Beach

Today Jessie, Pamela, and I journeyed to the beach. We spent $3 on our cab ride to the Lebadi Beach Hotel where we paid to have access to their beach (you can't swim on all beaches in Accra) and their pool. Below is a picture of the pool area.
pool
After getting their Jessie and I walked out to the beach. On the way out to the beach we walked across a walkway over a "swamp".
On the Way to the Beach2
Then we walked under beautiful palm trees.
On the Way out to the beach
Once we got to the beach we were greeted (or hounded) by people wanting us to get on horses to take pictures. I did not want to do this.
Alison at the Beach

The beach was nice, but very rough. So we spent most of the day by the pool in lounge chairs with lizards that came to visit and protect us from insects.
Lizard by the pool

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss you roomie! lets set up a time to skype.

Missy56 said...

Alison Brown! Your blog rocks!! I love reading it!! I am so glad you made it safely across the world and that things are going well so far and you have found food, etc. Are you staying in the hotel for your whole trip?? It looks amazing. I like that lizard. I think I would have tried to pet him. :) I love you, ALB! Stay safe!!

Anonymous said...

Watching PB didn't seem right last night without you! I know you miss the bad acting!