Friday, September 19, 2008

Schoolbox Website Update

I have officially been added to the Schoolbox website (www.schoolbox.com). Go to their website, scroll down to the box titled "Alison's Adventure" with a funny pictures of me, and click on the box. This will bring you to a page that has way too much information about me (just kidding). There is also a video of the interview I did for them. I can't bring myself to watch it yet, but I heard that it isn't horribly embarrassing, but Jill Price is often too nice to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came here courtesy of your friend http://www.cosmosveganshoppe.com/2008/09/vegan-in-ghana.html. I usually search for blogs on Ghana, to check out what’s happening in the place that I spent the early part of my life at. I am absolutely floored by what you intend to do and I can only say, You go girl! I read from your friend you are vegetarian. That’s going to pose a little bit of a problem for the folks down there. For that is a foreign concept to many. You would have to very clear and insistent. People down there usually act in the belief that they have your best interest at heart. They mean well. And that’s the unfortunate part. Because when people think they mean well they don’t listen very well. So tell them, no, no, no, ….no chicken, no goat…… and so on. Here is one information I was able to secure for you.
http://www.foodstradeholding.com/default.cgi/action/viewcompanies/companyid/296599/
The name of the vegetarian health shop is Assase Pa health foods. Unfortunately they don’t have a website. I believe it is located in a part of Accra called Osu, a popular hangout known to every taxi driver in the city.
I hope this information helps. I will be rooting for you, and if you don’t mind, be reading about your escapades with great eagerness. Oh that there were more people like you. How fulfilling and pleasurable it would to say, I too am human.
Kwasi Appiah
Chicago
Kappiah98@yahoo.com