Wednesday, September 24, 2008

To Fold or not to Fold....that's the question

On Tuesday morning/ afternoon I work on the task of packing up for my trip. I am not really into clothes, shoes, and make up. So I had that going for me in terms of extra space. However I still managed to bring a lot of stuff. I planned to fill the extra space with food items- to make the homesickness less sever and veganism easier. The following picture is what made the cut- Pro Bars (find them at Cosmos Vegan Shoppe), Smart Deli Bologna, Eco-Planet Cheddar Cheese Crackers (taste like Goldfish-only vegan, find at Cosmos), Cliff Bars (I like the cranberry apple cherry flavor), Egg Replacer, and ABC cookies (not pictured).
They made the cut
We are only allotted two checked bags- each weighting fifty pounds, one carry on, and one personal item. I started packing a month ago while at my step mom and dad's house. Linda, my step-mom, is a master packer. I had her pack up my duffel bag with everything I didn't need of the next month (extra toiletries, shoes, work clothes, and a few books). So when I went to pack Tuesday I had only a bit of space left in the duffel which I some how fit a whole box of Cliff bars shoved around my things.
duffel
Once I moved on to my new bag I was faced with the time old question- To Fold or Not to Fold.
fold or roll
I have talked to many packing geniuses and they seem to be split on rolling clothes or folding them. So I did both and I used a space saving device called Space Bags. I bought the kind you roll out the extra air since I may not have a vacuum to suck the air out. It seemed to work well, but I didn't end up really need too much extra space. But just a reminder for those people out there that think Space Bags are the way to go, don't forget that getting the air out gives you more room, but it is still the same weight.

Well- If I find the really answer to Fold or Not to Fold- I will let you know.

I'm off to the airport!

6 comments:

Tony said...

Take Luck, Alison!

Unknown said...

to fold or not to fold?!....sometimes i just bend...i've already started missing you!...but it's such a gift that i get to share the world with someone as yourself..the best travels my friend...change the world!

Anonymous said...

Love the Blog! Hope you have safe travel!!

Anonymous said...

tony is a "roller". i'm a "folder". he swears his method takes up less space.

i miss you already!!

Leigh said...

So glad you were able to fit in some snacks! We are thinking about you. Travel safe.

ZysMom said...

I say..."to throw!" Kidding, but awww we miss you already!! Zyire was looking at the pics I ordered from Snapfish and kept saying "Sally!" It took me while to get it...I'm like, OH, "T'Alley!!" Anyways, I'll be checking this blog out!!! Congrats on your safe arrival!!