Sunday, October 5, 2008

Agogo- Home Sweet Home- MORE PICTURES!

PhotobucketBefore/After
I finally arrived in Agogo Thursday, Oct 2nd. My principal, Grace (we call her ma) assitant principal, Daniel, and their driver,Fred, picked Besty and I up from Accra. We drove to Agogo through many towns of the Eastern Region, which is Grace's orignal home.

We arrived at our home around 5pm (17:00 miltary time). It is a nice home on the college campus and we share the same yard as our principal to our right, and assitant principal, to our left. The house is very cute. It has a large livingroom with a ceiling fan and large windows, two large bedrooms with fans and windows, a cute kitchen, a large shower, and a toliet. We have running water, although currently it is out, and power, which has only been off once. We are getting a new stove top put in tomorrow, and are soon going to have an oven and a fridge.

Until then our principal has had us over for every meal. This amazing cook's name is Josephine. She has made me Jollof rice and Red Red. She also promises me that she is going to teach me to cook. I can't wait. I am also trying my best to learn Twi- the main language here beside English.

I do not have internet in Agogo, so Betsy, my fantastic roomate, and I have traveled to a near by town of Konongo (spelling?) for 1 Ghana Cedi (GH$1) to get to an Internet cafe'. We have been on the computer of an hour now and plan to add 30 minutes to the clock. As for pictures- I'm not sure when those will be posted since I usually do that from my own computer and their is no wireless internet here.

Well- until I have more time...take care everyone!
Kitchen- it is much cleaner now
My room on laudry day before I got my net put up.
My trash can full of water- this is where I get water for everything when the water goes out. I love running water!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, where's the veganaise?????????

Jen Tatasciore said...

i am so glad you've gotten all settled! you better learn how to cook all that awesome food you keep writing about - i can't wait to try it when you come back :) i love you and miss you sooooo much! xoxo

robin brown said...

miss you.

Anonymous said...

Also, is this the same roommate you were paired with at training?

You are missed and I cant wait to hear more.

Besties 4 LYFE

Genna

mcgeek said...

I know it sucks without internet all the time! The people seem really sweet!