Monday, October 20, 2008

Shout out to the Foodies Out There!




Above is a picture of Gloria, on the left, and Josephine, on the right. Gloria is the sweetest girl that calls us for dinner each day. Josephine is my mom/cook/language coach/friend. She takes the time to tell us about every dish and is going to show me how to make some of them on my own. I love her.

Here are some pictures of the yummy foods I have been eating over the past weeks. I wish I had more documentation of the foods I have eaten, because I have been eating so well.

Below I have a stew that Josephine prepared and yams. We eat a lot of yams here so I included a picture of a cocoa yam plant.

Here I have another meal Josephine made= white rice, tomato sauce, oranges (that tastes like a mixture of oranges, lemons, and grapefruit) and a salad.



Below is my favorite that Josephine makes- Red Red!


Above is “Bless”ed Bread and Betsy. It is sugar bread and very good.

Last but not least I have my first homemade Avocado sandwich with Vegenaise! Since the fridge works is was nice and cool and yummy. I ate it with butter bread. Yummy! I also learned that avocados are called plums here and egg plants are called garden eggs. Very interesting.

Sorry- but this is not the last blog I will do about food. I already have countless more pictures of the yummy things I am eating- so I hope you don't get too bored.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

So glad to see that you're eating well! Yum!

Anonymous said...

no not bored just hungry! hahaha. i'm glad there is lots for you to eat so you have energy to teach! keep the pictures and stories comming!

Anonymous said...

in the entire time ive known you, youve never bored me once. While you are learning to cook new foods there, I am learning how to cook in your crockpot and use my newly fixed oven.