Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No Internet makes it hard to have a blog

Sorry that I haven't been able to update my blog as much as I had hoped. It is really hard getting to the internet and when I do it is terribly slow. I spent two hours at an internet cafe in Kumasi this weekend, but only got the chance to check and answer only six emails. I also am having a hard time upload my pictures to photo bucket, because there are so many I want to upload. I hope to have time this coming weekend in Accra to get a great blog or two done.

Well- the house is shaping up- we have running water again (we were out for around 5 days), our fridge is fixed, the stove top has been replaced, and we are having some shelves build by a local carpenter. Tomorrow I am going to town to get my first two new dress that were made by a tailor named George. I can't wait. I have found that I really don't like wearing pants hear, because it is hot and most woman where long skirts. I also have only worn my jeans two days. I can't believe it either (my friends know that is all I wear). I have been having an easy time staying vegan here, because a woman named Josphine cooks amazing vegan Ghanaian meals for Besty and I. I am really lucky.

Things I miss- Internet, the Office (TV show), Target, my car, my friends, my family, and Lola. But I am not homesick yet- give me a few more weeks and we will see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO good to finally see another posting. Lola is doing great! We love going for walks. I will post some pics of her enjoying herself. She is asleep right now next to me on the floor. Worn out from our walk. I know tomorrow she needs flea stuff. What about heartworm?

Jen Tatasciore said...

alison! is that adorable blue room part of your cute house?? it's amazing! I want that pink couch!! i miss you and love reading about everything! i will email you more soon. xoxo Jen

Anonymous said...

were home sick for you.