Sunday, October 5, 2008

IFESH Ghana Buddies


I have told you about my group, IFESH, and now I am going to tell you a bit about my group her in Ghana. First up are Stella and Kwesi. They are in charge of the IFESH Ghana Office in Accra. They are warm people and very helpful.
Here we have Cynthia. She is teaching Financial Markets in a college in Accra. She is from Florida. She is an extremely knowledgeable lady who can crack you up with her amazingly honest facial expressions.
Next is Pamela. She has been mistaken for my mom on a few accounts. I don’t know if she likes it, but I do. She is originally from South Africa, but went to school in England. She now lives in New Jersey in a historic and haunted house. She is a world traveler and went to Cote d’Ivorie two years ago. She loves to run every morning- I hate/love her for this. One day I will be more like her. She is teaching English in a college in Fiapre-Sunyani.

Shukriyyah has been placed a teacher training college in Jasikan in the Volta Region. She is a feisty woman that has written her own vegetarian soul food cookbook. She has a great amount of energy.

Jessie and Karen are next. Jessie was my roommate when I went through training in Phoenix. Karen was originally suppose to go to Namibia, but we are so happy she is in Ghana instead. They have both been placed in Bechem to work at the teacher training college there. Jessie is from Washington state and Karen is from NY. They are both really down to earth and funny as all get out. I enjoy texting them throughout the day.
Photobucket
Amiyana and Martha also serve as my other mothers. Amiyana is a New Yorker that now lives in Cleveland and Martha is a yoga instructor from LA. They both have great spirits and have taken me under their wings. They are in Berekum Training College working with teachers. I know they will do great.
Photobucket
In Sefwi Wiawso we have Amber and Maxine who are both from NY. Maxine is a wise woman who is great with motivational support. I love being around her. Amber has the biggest heart and bubbly personality. Together they will be great for the training college there.

Last, but not least is my crazy redhead roommate Besty. She has the best laugh, is obsessed with wicker/matching our decor, loves Nescafe, hates mornings, loves Malawi (where she was originally placed), and is from North Carolina. Thank God for Besty or I may have already lost my mind.

No comments: